Dear Our Patient,
This clarification text herein is based on the Law No. 6698 on the Protection of Personal Data in the Turkish Legal Legislation (“KVKK”), European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), by the Communiqué on the Regulation on Personal Health Data and the Procedures and Principles to be Followed in Fulfilling the Obligation to Clarify. It has been prepared for the purpose of enlightening the data owners about the procedures and principles regarding the processing of the Personal Data of the patients applying to Aesthetic, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Specialist Dr. Burak Ersen (“Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic”) or (“Dr. Burak Ersen”).
- PERSONAL DATA PROCESSED UNDER DATA CONTROLLER CAPACİTY
Your personal data specified below may be processed by Dr. Burak Ersen, in the capacity of data controller, for the purposes described below in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (“Law”).
- Transaction Security Information (IP Information, Internet Login and Logout Information)
- FOR WHAT PURPOSE YOUR COLLECTED PERSONAL DATA WİLL BE PROCESSED
Your personal data collected by Dr. Burak Ersen may be processed for the purposes stated below, including why you have disclosed your personal data to us, within the personal data processing conditions specified in Article 5 of the Law.
- Execution of Information Security Processes
- Ensuring the Security of Data Controller Operations
- Informing Authorized Persons, Institutions and Organizations
- TO WHOM AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE YOUR PROCESSED PERSONAL DATA CAN BE TRANSFERRED
Depending on the relevance of your collected personal data, your personal data may be transferred by Dr. Burak Ersen to authorized public institutions and organizations, upon request, in line with the personal data processing conditions and purposes specified in Article 8 of the Law No. 6698, in line with the realization of the above-mentioned purposes.
- THE METHOD AND LEGAL GROUNDS OF COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is collected by Dr. Burak Ersen with electronic media data transfer tools. Your personal data collected in this process can be processed and transferred by automatic means within the scope of the personal data processing condition “explicitly stipulated in the laws” in Article 5 of the Law No. 6698.
- YOUR RIGHTS
Under the Article 11 of the Law No. 6698, provided you prove your identity, you have the following rights;
- To learn whether your Personal Data has been processed,
- To demand information in case the Personal Data has been processed,
- To learn the purpose of processing your personal data and whether they are used accordingly,
- To know the third parties in which your personal data is transferred in Turkey or abroad,
- To request correction of your personal data if and when your data is incomplete or incorrectly processed,
- To request the deletion or destruction of your personal data within the conditions stipulated under the Law No. 6698,
- To request notification of transactions related to the deletion or destruction of your Personal Data to third parties to whom your Personal Data are transferred,
- To make objection in the event of an occurrence of an unfavourable result in case your personal data is processed exclusively by means of automated systems,
- To claim for your loss in case you have damages because your personal data has been processed in illegal manner.
- HOW YOU CAN PROCEED YOUR REQUEST REGARDING YOUR RIGHTS?
You can proceed your request regarding your rights listed above by filling out the application form, which you can obtain from Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic. You can send it to Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic by the means set forth below.
In the application procedure, Dr. Burak Ersen carries out his transactions within the scope of the Communiqué on the Procedures and Principles of Application to the Data Controller. In this context, the application must be made in accordance with Article 5 of the aforementioned communiqué.
Provided that, the form is duly filled;
- A wet-signed copy of the Application Form, together with a document providing identification to be submitted personally to the address Atatürk Mah. Ertuğrul Gazi Sok. A Blok No:2E Daire:298 Ataşehir/İSTANBUL,
- A wet-signed copy of the Application Form, together with a document providing identification to be submitted the address Atatürk Mah. Ertuğrul Gazi Sok. A Blok No:2E Daire:298 Ataşehir/İSTANBUL via a notary public,
- By signing the Application Form with the “secure electronic signature” defined in the Electronic Signature Law No. 5070 to be signed and to be sent to e-mail address email@example.com,
- In addition, by filling out and signing this application form, scanning the wet-signed form and uploading it to the computer, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (if this method is preferred, a document that will provide identification should be attached to the e-mail),
- Or it should be communicated to us using other methods to be determined by the Board.
In the application herein;
- It is obligatory to have name, surname and signature, T.R. for citizens of the Republic of Turkey. identification number, nationality for foreigners, passport number or identification number, if any, place of residence or workplace address for notification, e-mail address for notification, telephone and fax number, if any, and the subject of the request.
- Information and documents related to the subject are attached to the application.
- In written applications, the date on which the document is notified to the data controller or its representative is the application date.
- In applications made by other methods; the date on which the application reaches the data controller is the application date.
Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic will finalize your requests regarding the rights listed above in writing or by other methods to be determined by the Board, as soon as possible and within thirty days at the latest after the date of submission. Applications of data owners may be charged within the framework of the tariffs published by the Board. In accordance with Article 7 of the relevant Communiqué, if your application is to be answered in writing, up to ten pages will not be charged. A transaction fee of 1 Turkish Lira may be charged for each page over ten pages. If the response to the application is given in a recording medium such as a CD or flash memory, the fee that may be requested by the data controller cannot exceed the cost of the recording medium.
In order to respond to your applications made as data owners, Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic may request additional information and documents in order to verify the identity of the applicant, to prevent unlawful transmission of another person’s personal data to unrelated persons and to clarify the applicant’s request. If the said information and documents are not shared, the application of the data owner may not be answered.
Confirmation that the application has been made by the “identity holder” and/or the authorized person is of serious importance. Likewise, while the purpose is to protect personal data, giving personal data to third parties due to the inability to verify identity and taking action within the rights set forth in Article 11 of the KVKK will harm the interests of the person concerned. For this reason, you will understand our sensitivity in terms of identity verification processes and we hope that you will help Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic.
Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic will finalize the requests as soon as possible and within 30 days at the latest. The result of the evaluation is notified to the person concerned in writing or electronically, and if the request is accepted, necessary action is taken in accordance with the KVKK.
In cases where the applications of the persons concerned are rejected, the response is found insufficient or the application is not answered in due time, the person concerned may file a complaint with the Personal Data Protection Board in accordance with Article 14 of the KVKK within 30 days from the date of learning the answer.
Depending on the nature of your request and your application method, Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic may request additional verifications (such as sending a message to your registered phone, calling) in order to determine whether the application belongs to you or not, and thus to protect your rights. For example, if you apply via your e-mail address registered in Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic, we can reach you using another communication method registered with Dr. Burak Ersen Clinic and request confirmation of whether the application belongs to you.